Makita DGA463Z 18v LXT Brushless Slide Switch 115mm Angle Grinder Body Only
The Makita DGA463 is a 115mm (4.5"), slide switch, variable speed angle grinder that's part of the ever expanding Makita 18V LXT lithium-ion battery cordless range.
It's powered by a Makita brushless motor for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. For the most demanding applications, Makita’s exclusive "Automatic Torque Drive Technology" or ADT technology, automatically adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimal performance. The DGA463 is ideal for grinding and cutting a wide range of materials including tile, concrete, pipe, conduit, and more.
Another included feature is "Active Feedback sensing Technology" or AFT, that turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop.
Replaces DGA454Z / DGA456Z.
- Electric Brake stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 2 seconds or less for maximum productivity
- "Active Feedback sensing Technology" turns the motor off if rotation speed suddenly slows or wheel is forced to stop
- "Automatic Torque Drive Technology" adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling it to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Variable speed control dial allows manual RPM adjustment (3,000-8,500) to match the speed to the application
- Slide switch with lock-on for operator convenience
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Anti-restart protection engineered to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with paddle switch in the on position
- Efficient Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimise battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauge indicates battery charge level
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Removable wire mesh intake covers are engineered to prevent debris from entering motor
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Rubberised soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 382mm long
- Weighs only 3.0 kg with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Voltage: 18v LXT
- Wheel Diameter: 115 mm
- Bore Diameter: 22.23 mm
- Max Wheel Thickness: 7.2 mm
- No Load Speed: 3,000 - 8,500 rpm
- Switch Type: Slide
- Net Weight (inc Battery): 3.0 kg
NOISE & VIBRATION
- Sound Pressure: 79 dB(A)
- Sound K Factor: 3 dB(A)
- Vibration: Surface Grinding: 6.5 m/s²
- Vibration: Disc Sanding: 2.5m/s²
- Vibration K Factor: 1.5m/s²
Makita 3 Year Warranty
The 3 year warranty applies to tools purchased on or after July 1st 2012. This excludes batteries, chargers, outdoor power equipment, airtools and accessories. These are all supplied with a standard years warranty.
Tools must be registered online within 30 days of purchase to qualify for the warranty extension otherwise a standard 1 year warranty will apply.
Any warranty claims outside of the 1st year but within the second or 3rd must be dealt with directly by Makita.
What if my product becomes faulty?
Any warranty claim must be logged within the warranty period. This involves sending the tool complete packaged to a local dealer or Authorised Service agent with the 3 year certificate and the original sales receipt.
Alternatively you can send it to Makita UK Ltd in Milton Keynes. To arrange this please contact Makita UK on Tel: 01908 211 678, or email: email@example.com.
Subject to inspection, the product will be repaired free of charge. Costs may be incurred for any warranty claims that are deemed invalid.