Makita DKP181Z 18v LXT Brushless Planer 82mm Body Only
The Makita DKP181 brushless planer has been designed for building and construction type applications, with a high power brushless motor providing power equal to that of AC models.
The DKP181 is also part of the Makita Auto-start Wireless System (AWS) system – with the optional wireless unit (sold separately), a wireless connection can be made between the tool and an AWS supported vacuum for wirelessly enabling the vacuum to operate when the tool trigger is engaged.
MAKITA DKP181 FEATURES
- 3mm cutting depth – high powered brushless motor allows up to a maximum 3mm cutting depth
- 25mm shiplapping cuts – housing design has been re-engineered to allow for up to a 25mm cutting depth
- 3 chamfering grooves – easy chamfering by aligning the groove with the edge of the workpiece. 3 different size grooves allow for different groove dimensions
- Electric blade brake – blade rapidly stops after the trigger has been released, preventing user injury or damage to the workpiece
- Automatic torque Driver Technology (ADT) – automatically changes the cutting speed according to the load conditions for optimum operation
- Auto-start Wireless System (AWS) enable (requires wireless unit - sold separately)
- Left & right chip ejection – easily divert the wood chips either left or right by adjusting the ejection cover plate to the preferred side
- Foot on base plate – protects the workpiece from scratches and damage by raising the base off the work material when not in operation
MAKITA DKP181 SPECIFICATION
- Voltage: 18v LXT
- Planning Width: 82 mm
- Max. Planing Depth: 3 mm
- Shiplapping / Rebate: 25 mm
- No Load Speed: 12,000 rpm
- Overall Length: 366 mm
- Skin Weight: 3.0 kg
- Weight (with Battery): 3.6 kg
MAKITA DKP181 NOISE & VIBRATION
- Sound Pressure Level (LpA): 84dB(A)
- Sound Power Level(LWA): 95dB(A)
- Uncertainty(K): 3dB(A)
- Work Mode: Planing Softwood
- Vibration Emission(ah): 5.0m/s2
- Uncertainty(K): 2.5m/s2
Makita 3 Year Warranty
The 3 year warranty applies to tools purchased on or after July 1st 2012. This excludes batteries, chargers, outdoor power equipment, airtools and accessories. These are all supplied with a standard years warranty.
Tools must be registered online within 30 days of purchase to qualify for the warranty extension otherwise a standard 1 year warranty will apply.
Any warranty claims outside of the 1st year but within the second or 3rd must be dealt with directly by Makita.
What if my product becomes faulty?
Any warranty claim must be logged within the warranty period. This involves sending the tool complete packaged to a local dealer or Authorised Service agent with the 3 year certificate and the original sales receipt.
Alternatively you can send it to Makita UK Ltd in Milton Keynes. To arrange this please contact Makita UK on Tel: 01908 211 678, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject to inspection, the product will be repaired free of charge. Costs may be incurred for any warranty claims that are deemed invalid.